When admitted to Cobram District Health you have the choice to elect to be admitted as a private patient. Some of the benefits of using your private health insurance are:
- Preferential access to a single room (when available)
- Assistance in completing all paperwork will be provided
- No out of pocket expenses
- Health fund gaps and excesses paid by Cobram District Health
- Free television
- Free local telephone calls
- Free daily newspaper
- Menu choice
- Gift Bag
Why do we ask our patients if they would like to use their private health insurance at Cobram District Health?
Cobram District Health treats hundreds of patients every year, covering a wide range of extensive medical treatment and services. We are constantly assessing ways of how to treat more patients and provide the best possible service for our patients and community.
As in other aspects of everyday life, funding and resources are limited. The number of people who require medical attention is forever increasing, placing an increasing burden on public hospitals.
By using your private health insurance you are helping Cobram District Health:
- Maintain facilities
- Buy new equipment
- Recruit and train more staff
- Improve accommodation