Admissions can sometimes be pre-arranged on a convenient date for doctors and patients, with priority being given to patients with more urgent conditions.
Emergency (Unplanned) Admission
Patients may be admitted through our Urgent Care Centre if either the treating doctor decides an admission to CDH is necessary, or if the patient has been referred for admission from a doctor.
The treating doctor will complete a patient history and examination prior to the patient being admitted.
What to bring for your general admission
- Your usual medications, or a list of your usual medications
- Medicare or entitlement cards
- Reading material if you wish
- We suggest children may wish to bring a comfort item (teddy bear, etc)
- Maternal and Child Health Record book for children under 6 years of age
- Your night wear (pyjamas), dressing gown, and slippers (appropriate and well fitting). Day clothes as required.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, etc.)
- Make sure your personal items are labeled. CDH is not responsible for your personal items.
Please do NOT Bring
- large amounts of money
- items of sentimental value
- valuable jewellery, make up or nail polish
Where ever possible please do not bring valuables to the hospital. The Hospital is unable to accept responsibility for your personal property. Please take care of your personal items – false teeth, spectacles, hearing aids, walking aids, clothes, toiletries, etc.