What we do
We aim to improve your ability to move and function in daily life. We will do this by
- performing individual physical assessments.
- setting specific goals as discussed with you.
- tailoring specific therapeutic treatments and exercise programs to help you reach your goals.
Physiotherapists are highly trained and use a wide range of treatment approaches, some of which include:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs
- education regarding your condition and how you can help manage it yourself
Our physiotherapy department provides outpatient services for clients on a healthcare or pension card. They also provide services to the Cobram District Health inpatient ward to facilitate safe discharge from hospital, and to Irvin House (Residential Aged Care Facility) for resident programs and individual assessments/ advice on mobility.