Commonwealth Home Support Program

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) includes services that are considered to be ‘entry level support’ and include:

  • Home help – such as home maintenance
  • Personal care
  • Planned Activity Groups
  • Meals on Wheels
  • Nursing
  • Allied Health

Cobram District Health delivers Nursing and Allied Health services under the CHSP program.

Referrals to these services are made through My Aged Care and require an assessment at home by the Regional Assessment Service.

Transitional Care Program/ Short Term Restorative Care

The Transitional Care Program and Short Term Restorative Care are designed to provide low intensity therapy programs that can help delay or reverse the need for residential care.

Referrals into these services require an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Service.

Home Care Packages

If you require a higher level and more coordinated support in order to remain at home, the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) may approve you for a Home Care Package.  There are four levels of Home Care Package, and the level you are approved for will be determined by the ACAS assessment.

Once allocated a Home Care Package, you will need to identify a provider to administer the package with you.

Cobram District Health is an authorised provider, and has been providing case management to Home Care Package clients since 2009.

We have experienced Case Managers who live locally and know the local people, places and services. They will assist you to identify the help you need and work with you to plan the services you want.  You can also decide how much involvement you wish to have in the day to day co-ordination of your package.

Cobram District Health offers three levels of case management support:

  1. Full Case Management
  2. Care Coordination
  3. Self-Directed Care

Contact us for further information

Cobram District Health Home Care brochure

Respite and Residential Aged Care

Cobram District Health runs Irvin House, its own Residential Aged Care home.  Short term respite and permanent places are available.

Irvin House is on the Cobram District Health site and has 24 hr access to support services and doctors from the hospital and medical clinic. Follow this link to find out more.

Accessing Aged Care Services

To access Aged Care Services, the first step is to register with My Aged Care and arrange an assessment.

Depending on the level of support you are seeking, the assessment may be completed by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) or the Regional Assessment Service (RAS). 

To register with My Aged Care and arrange an assessment, you can visit the My Aged Care website on the link below or call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. 

Having an  assessment does not mean you have to accept services or enter a residential aged care home, but not being registered with My Aged Care and having an assessment, can delay accessing services should you need care.