Important Information COVID-19
- One carer or support person with a patient attending urgent care
- One carer or support person with a patient having an operation
- One carer or support person for Community and/or Primary Health appointments
When entering the health service you will be screened, have your temperature checked and be asked to provide some details. You will also be required to sign in and out.
Who is permitted to visit?
Visits will only be allowed on compassionate grounds for care and support and at an agreed time arranged with the Nurse Unit Manager. Compassionate visits for care and support include:
- If a resident or patient is receiving end of life care
- Where the visit forms part of the resident’s or patient’s care plan such as; active assistance with meals, or active assistance with behaviours of concern
- Where emotional and social support cannot be provided by electronic means, for example; telephone calls, video calls, etc …
- Where there is a significant change or deterioration in a resident or patient condition
Are there any exceptions to visiting restrictions?
There are a number of exceptions to the restrictions of one visitor per day for one hour. Some of these include:
- Visitors providing end of life care
- Parents and guardians providing care for children under 18 years
We understand that the needs and care of every resident and patient are unique. If you have any concerns or questions about visitor restrictions, please contact NCN Health Director of Clinical Services Carolyn Hargreaves. Ph: 03 5871 0777
Please be assured these measures are in place to protect staff, residents and patients, together with the broader community.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entry for signs of COVID-19. Do not visit if you are unwell
- Maintain 1.5m distance from residents, patients, employees and other visitors
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in Residential Aged Care
Please consider using alternatives to visiting such as phone calls and video chat where possible.
Proof of vaccination:
All visitors to NCN Health Residential Aged Care facilities must provide proof of vaccination prior to entry. This applies to NCN Health staff, visitors, health practitioners, volunteers, contractors and others (for example, cleaners, tradespeople, gardeners, maintenance staff).
NCN Health is required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that a person does not enter or remain on the premises if they do not meet the influenza vaccination requirements. NCN Health will seek appropriate evidence of immunisation status from individuals seeking to enter the service. When you attend your appointment please request evidence in the form of:
- statement or record from a health practitioner; or
- an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
- statutory declaration
To book your flu vaccination, please contact your local GP.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entry.
- All visitors will be asked the purpose of their visit (eg. visiting Residential Aged Care)
- Visitors who are visiting Residential Aged Care will be asked to provide evidence of flu immunisation
- All visitors will be asked their first name, surname and contact number (to assist with contact tracing if required
Visitors cannot visit if the answer is YES to any of the questions below;
a) have been diagnosed with coronavirus and have not been discharged from isolation
b) have arrived in Australia within the last 14 days
c) have recently come into contact with a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus
d) have symptoms of acute respiratory infection (sore throat, cough, fatigue or tiredness, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, breathlessness, fever or chills)
e) have a temperature over 37.5 degrees
Welcome to Cobram District Health, an integrated health hub on the Murray river. Our services include Hospital and Urgent Care, Theatre and Day Procedures, Medical and Dental Clinics, Pathology, Community and Allied Health Care and Residential Aged Care. We are truly a one stop shop for all your health needs.